Police from Southern Metro, Division Four, Regional Response Unit attended a Yaringa Road premises where they executed a warrant on the morning of 13 November as part of Operation Dealmaker.
Police allegedly seized a commercial quantity of amphetamine, seven unregistered firearms including handguns, a large quantity of cash and 500 grams of cannabis.
A 51-year-old man was arrested at the scene.
He has been charged with;
- Possess traffickable quantity of unregistered firearms
- Traffick commercial quantity of amphetamine
- Traffick cannabis
- Possess amphetamine
- Possess cannabis
- Cultivate cannabis
- 5 x counts of possess unregistered general category hand gun
- 1 x count of possess unregistered cat A or B longarm.
- Negligently deal with proceeds of crime
The man will appear at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report online at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au