All Mornington Peninsula beaches closed until further notice. Two new peninsula cases as state number soars.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- The total number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Victoria is 685 – an increase of 111 from yesterday.
- Victoria has recorded three deaths related to COVID-19. There have been no new deaths recorded overnight.
- The total number of cases includes 378 men and 300 women, with people aged from eight to 88.
- There are 21 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Victoria that may have been acquired through community transmission.
- Currently 21 people are in hospital, including three patients in intensive care. 191 people have recovered.
- More than 30,100 Victorians have been tested to date.
Mornington Peninsula beaches closed until further notice
Mornington Peninsula Shire mayor Cr Sam Hearn said beaches were closed Saturday morning following requests from the Department of Environment Lands Water and Planning and senior police.
Two new peninsula cases, as state number soars
Victoria has experienced its biggest one day jump in COVID-19 cases today with 111 newly diagnosed cases. The Mornington Peninsula, though, only accounted for two of them lifting our total to 41 confirmed cases.
Receive Mornington Peninsula related COVID-19 updates from Mornington Peninsula News Group direct to your inbox.
Subscribe here: https://mailchi.mp/e66012bb78d8/mpnewsupdate
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula including event cancellations, facility closures etc, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org