Total cases: 80 – Active cases: 14 – New cases today: 2
Two new cases on the peninsula in the last 24 hours. Fourteen active cases.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 357 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 7,744.
- The overall total has increased by 339, with 18 cases reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 37 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 320 are under investigation.
- There have been five new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They were four women in their 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s and one man in his 80s. Three of the deaths are linked to aged care facilities. To date, 61 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 1,205 cases may indicate community transmission
- 3,995 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 229 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 42 in intensive care
- 3,529 people have recovered from the virus
- Of the total cases, 7,168 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 437 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 3,755 men and 3,877 women
- More than 1,457,546 tests have been processed
- Total number of healthcare workers: 622, active cases: 312
- 536 cases are linked to 38 aged care sites with active outbreaks
Three new cases in 48 hours on the peninsula
The Mornington Peninsula has had three new cases of coronavirus in the last 48 hours, with two new cases in the last 24 hours.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: email@example.com