Total cases: 100 – Active cases: 25 – New cases today: 3
Three new cases on the peninsula in the last 24 hours. Total cases on the Mornington Peninsula hit 100. Postcode data released by DHHS shows where cases have been, and currently are, on the peninsula. Most cases on the peninsula is Mornington with 14 cases in total. Most active cases on the peninsula is Somerville with six active cases as of today.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 471 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 13,469.
- The overall total has increased by 434, due to 37 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 81 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 390 are under investigation.
- There have been eight new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They include two men in their 60s, three men and two women in their 80s and a woman in her 90s.
- Four of the eight new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 170 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 2388 cases may indicate community transmission
- 7449 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 575 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 42 in intensive care
- 5628 people have recovered from the virus
- More than 1,746,900 tests have been processed – an increase of approximately 25,000 since yesterday
Where are the cases on the peninsula?
Confirmed cases and active cases on the Mornington Peninsula as at 6/8/20.
Three new peninsula cases in 24 hours
The Mornington Peninsula has had three new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org