Residents are using the isolation time to clean up around the house, and then going for tip runs in violation of the rules for Stage 3 restrictions. Police receptions counters close until further notice. One more peninsula case today as the curve starts to flatten.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- The total number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Victoria is 1135 – an increase of 20 from yesterday.
- No additional deaths were recorded overnight.
- The total number of cases includes 597 men and 538 women. Cases range in age from under one year to their early nineties.
- There are 75 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Victoria that may have been acquired through community transmission.
- Currently 47 people are in hospital – including 11 patients in intensive care – and 573 people have recovered.
- More than 56,000 tests have been conducted to date.
‘Non-essential’ tip use under fire
A resident has complained that Mornington Peninsula Shire’s transfer stations are “going flat strap catering to hordes of customers who are treating tips like there is no coronavirus”.
Police close doors
Reception counters at all police stations on the Mornington Peninsula are closed until further notice because of the COVID-19 crisis..
One more peninsula case, as curve starts to flatten
Coronavirus cases in Victoria are 1135 today – an increase of just 20 from yesterday. It is an encouraging sign that the efforts of Victorians to “flatten the curve” are working.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula including event cancellations, facility closures etc, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org