Mornington Peninsula Shire’s CEO given emergency powers. Peninsula Health announce new visitor guidelines. One new peninsula case today.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- The total number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Victoria is 1191 – an increase of 33 from yesterday.
- Yesterday a woman in her 80s died in hospital, taking the number of people who have died in Victoria from coronavirus to 11.
- The total number of cases includes 623 men and 568 women. Cases range in age from babies to their early nineties.
- There are 93 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Victoria that may have been acquired through community transmission.
- Currently 47 people are in hospital – including 13 patients in intensive care – and 686 people have recovered.
- More than 58,000 tests have been conducted to date.
CEO powered up for emergency
Mornington Peninsula Shire CEO John Baker will be given emergency powers to make decisions normally made only by elected councillors.
New visitor guidelines for Peninsula Health
Peninsula Health have announced new visitor guidelines to contain the spread of COVID-19.
One new peninsula case as state rises by 33
Coronavirus cases in Victoria have today risen to 1191 – an increase of 33 from yesterday. The Mornington Peninsula’s figures have risen by one to 54.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula including event cancellations, facility closures etc, please email us on: email@example.com