Total cases: 89 – Active cases: 17 – New cases today: 1
One new case on the peninsula in the last 24 hours. Mornington is peninsula’s ‘hot spot’ with 12 cases and three active cases.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 671 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 11,557.
- The overall total has increased by 626, due to 45 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 73 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 598 are under investigation.
- There have been seven new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They include three women in their 70s, two women in their 80s, one man in his 90s and one woman in her 90s.
- Six of the seven new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 123 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 1962 cases may indicate community transmission
- 6322 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 385 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 38 in intensive care
- 4915 people have recovered from the virus
Peninsula winning the battle against COVID-19
WITH 81 cases (14 active) of COVID-19 recorded in the municipality on Friday 31 July, Mornington Peninsula Shire made the statement that the peninsula is “winning the battle” against the coronavirus.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: email@example.com