Total cases: 121 – Active cases: 43 – New cases today: 7
Seven new cases on the peninsula in the last 24 hours. Total cases on the Mornington Peninsula hit 121. Mornington the current hot-spot with a total of 24 cases and 13 active cases.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 278 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 15,863.
- The overall total has increased by 217 due to 61 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 64 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 214 are under investigation.
- There have been eight new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday: One woman in her 50’s, two men in their 70’s, two women and two men in their 80’s and one man his 90’s.
- Four of the eight new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 275 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 3068 cases may indicate community transmission
- 7866 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 664 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 37 in intensive care
- 7493 people have recovered from the virus
- More than 1,895,566 tests have been processed – an increase of approximately 20,951 since yesterday
Where are the cases on the peninsula?
Confirmed cases and active cases on the Mornington Peninsula as at 13/8/20
Seven new peninsula cases in 24 hours
The Mornington Peninsula has had seven new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org