BERG Mount Martha – Sunday working bee information – Sunday 12 February 9am – 12pm
WHERE: Meet in carpark at end of Seppelt Ave, as working on hillside above 1st oval.
WHEN: Anytime between 9.00am and 12.00pm. Come for the whole morning or for an hour or so.
ACTIVITIES: We shall be removing Rock Rose (Cistus Psilosepalus) and a bit of Flax-leaf Broom from the Kotor hillside down towards lower reaches of Hopetoun Creek and if time, from the slope below Hilton Crt.
As usual you can choose an activity that suits you:
- Weeding cut & paint, hand-weed, stacking removed plants and/or bagging etc seed heads
- Directing proceedings!
- Or just come to catch up at morning-tea at 10.30!
- Long pants and sturdy shoes/boots essential.
We’d love you to join us anytime. Any queries, ring Liz Barraclough 0408 388 430
OTHER ACTIVITIES in the coming months include:
- Friday morning working bees (weekly) 9.30am to 12pm.
Enquiries to Sue Betheras 0408 808 201 or Liz Barraclough 0408 388 430
- Tuesday morning (monthly – 2nd Tues) 9am to 12pm (Meet behind Mt Martha Pre-school). Enquiries to Jenny Selby 0432 719 288
- Wednesday morning (monthly – 3rd Wed) 9am – 12pm – Coastal Group working on the foreshore. Enquiries to Suzanne Ryan 0418 387 604
- WaterWatch Enquiries to John Inchley 5974 1095
Following Occupational Health & Safety guidelines stipulated by Coast Action/Coastcare and the Mornington Peninsula Shire, BERG advises that, at working bees, you wear hats and sunscreen in the warmer months, and bring some water to drink (BERG will also have some drinking water on hand). Also, wear sturdy boots or shoes, long pants and long sleeves, to minimise the risk of scratches, injury from tools, or bites. BERG will supply gardening gloves.