Fire in eaves


AN electrical fire which started in power lines caused $30,000 damage to an elevated holiday house at Rye, 8pm, Monday 6 November.

A neighbour said she smelled smoke in Michael St and saw sparks coming from wires leading to the house. It spread to the eaves and inside the roof cavity.

Rye CFA Lieutenant Eddie Matt said crews from Rye, Sorrento and Rosebud had the blaze under control in 15 minutes. “The ceiling was dropping and the couch was set alight and we did well to pull the fire up,” he said.

First published in the Southern Peninsula News – 14 November 2017


Comments are closed.