Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
  • Read Our Newspapers Online
    • Read the Latest Western Port News
    • Read the Latest Mornington News
    • Read the Latest Southern Peninsula News
    • Read the Latest Frankston Times
    • Read the Latest Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News
  • Competition
  • Home New
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
Facebook X (Twitter)
MPNEWSMPNEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
Breaking News
MPNEWSMPNEWS
Home»News»Rosebud man facing charges over burglaries
News

Rosebud man facing charges over burglaries

By MP News GroupJanuary 8, 2019Updated:January 8, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Threads Email Copy Link
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A MAN arrested over a series of burglaries of businesses and churches across the Mornington Peninsula and Frankston over the past four months has been remanded in custody to appear at Frankston Magistrates’ Court at a later date.

The 37-year-old, arrested by Detective Sergeant Adrian Mizza, of Mornington Peninsula CIU, at his Rosebud home last week, is facing 28 charges over 14 alleged burglaries involving more than $60,000. 

The man appeared at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Friday on unrelated charges but detectives will apply for the burglary charges to be heard at Frankston Magistrates’ Court.

More charges are pending as detectives further investigate his activities. 

Detectives will allege the man used angle grinders and hammer drills to cut into safes and tills at shops and businesses at McCrae, Rosebud and Sorrento since October. His victims included travel agents, bakeries, bookshops, stationery outlets, cafes, hairdressers – as well as churches at Frankston South, Mt Eliza and Mt Martha and a private home at Carrum.

Detective Sergeant Jason Hocking, of Mornington Peninsula CIU, said the man had been bailed at Frankston Magistrates’ Court in September over shop burglaries in which petty cash had allegedly been stolen.

“I’m sure there will be many local traders breathing a sigh of relief now,” Detective Hocking said.

“Most businesses tend not to leave much cash on their premises overnight but, in some cases we investigated, this was not always the case.”

First published in the Southern Peninsula News – 8 January 2019

Related Posts

Cheques presented to airshow beneficiaries

May 15, 2026

Shire all in for inclusion

May 15, 2026

Crime Stoppers call reveals alleged cannabis crop and cache of weapons in Mornington

May 15, 2026

Youth mental health forum to spotlight Peninsula support services

May 14, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Peninsula Essence Magazine – Click to Read
Peninsula Kids Magazine – Click to Read
Letters to the Editor
Property of the Week

47A Strachans Road, Mornington

Property Of The Week January 27, 2026
Council Watch

Ratepayers foot the bill for public waste costs

April 20, 2026

Shire reforecasts budget after $8.2m shortfall

April 9, 2026
100 Years Ago This Week

Railway Electrification – Mornington agitation

May 18, 2026
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
About

Established in 2006, Mornington Peninsula News Group (MPNG) is a locally owned and operated, independent media company.

MPNG publishes five weekly community newspapers: the Western Port News, Mornington News, Southern Peninsula News, Frankston Times and Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News.

MPNG also publishes two glossy magazines: Peninsula Essence and Peninsula Kids.

Facebook X (Twitter)
© 2026 Mornington Peninsula News Group.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.