Total cases: 76 – Active cases: 11 – New cases today: 0
As state experiences record rise, no new cases on the peninsula. Mornington police station has stepped in to provide a much-needed service after Frankston police station’s counter service was shut down last week due to coronavirus.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 484 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 6739.
- The overall total has increased by 450, after 34 cases were reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 97 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 387 are under investigation.
- Two new deaths have been reported since yesterday. They are both men aged in their 90s that are linked to known outbreaks. To date, 44 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 1116 cases may indicate community transmission
- 3408 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 205 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 40 in intensive care
- 3184 people have recovered from the virus
- Of the total cases, 6204 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 384 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 3432 men and 3222 women
- More than 1,385,900 tests have been processed
- Total number of healthcare workers: 469, active cases: 187
- There are currently 383 cases in 45 aged care settings
No new cases on the peninsula, eleven active on the peninsula
The Mornington Peninsula has had no new cases of Coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
Filling the breach
Mornington police station has stepped in to provide a much-needed service after Frankston police station’s counter service was shut down last week when an officer tested positive for coronavirus.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org