Total cases: 77 – Active cases: 12 – New cases today: 1
One new case on the peninsula. Testing blitz begins on the Southern Peninsula.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 403 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 7125.
- The overall total has increased by 386 due to cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 69 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 334 are under investigation.
- There have been five new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They were a man in his 50s and a man in his 70s that were not linked to known outbreaks. A woman in her 70s, a man in his 80s and a man in his 90s have also died and are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 49 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 1154 cases may indicate community transmission
- 3630 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 201 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 40 in intensive care
- 3298 people have recovered from the virus
- Of the total cases, 6558 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 398 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 3607 men and 3442 women
- More than 1,413,100 tests have been processed
- Total number of healthcare workers: 529, active cases: 239
- There are currently 447 cases linked to 35 aged care sites that have active cases
One new case on the peninsula, twelve active cases
The Mornington Peninsula has had one new case of Coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
Testing blitz begins on Southern Peninsula
Three additional sites have been added by DHHS and Peninsula Health to increase the state’s Covid-19 testing capacity on the Mornington Peninsula.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: email@example.com