Total cases: 90 – Active cases: 18 – New cases today: 1
One new case on the peninsula in the last 24 hours. Businesses face shutdown due to Stage Four restrictions.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 429 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 11,937.
- The overall total has increased by 380, due to 49 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 36 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 393 are under investigation.
- There have been 13 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They include a man in his 60s, two males and a female in their 70s, two males in their 80s and five females and two males in their 90s.
- Eight of the 13 new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 136 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 2031 cases may indicate community transmission
- 6489 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 416 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 35 in intensive care
- 5111 people have recovered from the virus
- More than 1,676,953 tests have been processed – an increase of 25,000 since yesterday
One new case on the peninsula as Stage Four kicks in
The Mornington Peninsula has had one new case of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
Online advice for business
Webinars to help businesses rebuild and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic will cover topics, including commercialising new business ideas, finance fundamentals, taking businesses online, marketing and building business resilience.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org