Total cases: 97 – Active cases: 23 – New cases today: 6
Six new cases on the peninsula in the last 24 hours as total cases on the Mornington Peninsula edges towards 100.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 725 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 13,035.
- The overall total has increased by 700, due to 25 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 164 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 561 are under investigation.
- There have been 15 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They include a man in his 30s, three men and one woman in their 70s, three men and three women in their 80s and three men and one woman their 90s.
- 10 of the 15 new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 162 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.s.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 2281 cases may indicate community transmission
- 7227 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 538 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 42 in intensive care
- 5424 people have recovered from the virus
- More than 1,745,900 tests have been processed – an increase of approximately 24,000 since yesterday
Six new cases on the peninsula in 24 hours
The Mornington Peninsula has had six new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: email@example.com