MORNINGTON Peninsula’s first ever Small Business Festival is right around the corner, with an exciting calendar of events in store. The month-long program consists of a blend of practical and hands-on workshops, networking events, training sessions, inspiring presentations and more.
The festival’s theme of Connect. Grow. Achieve speaks to the driving force behind the initiative which is to support small businesses and foster a business environment for learning, connecting, upskilling and knowledge-sharing. The festival aims to energise businesses with new, inspired ways of thinking and shine light on innovative solutions needed for an evolving business landscape.
Businesses are encouraged to ‘pick and mix’ from the program to suit their business needs. Events touch on a wide range of topics from marketing, financial management and strategic business planning to staffing solutions, artificial intelligence and social media – so there really is something for everyone.
Not sure where to start? Here’s a taste of a few of the not-to-be-missed events:
- The Official Launch Event, complete with breakfast, networking and a highly engaging presentation from renowned keynote speaker, Mark McCrindle. Mark is an award-winning social researcher, influential thought-leader, TEDx speaker and best-selling author. Mark is an expert on topics such as emerging trends and future forecasts, motivating and leading teams in changing times, and engaging with the ever-changing consumer, among others.
- A Workforce Building Forum for local employers who are experiencing challenges surrounding staff shortage issues and are looking for solutions. Learn about what kind of support is available to you, hear insights and success stories from like-minded businesses and share your own experiences.
- A community-led Jobs Expo to connect prospective employers, job seekers, community support services and training organisations. Whether you are looking for employment, have vacancies you’d like to promote or offer resources to support both residents and businesses, come along to this free expo to chat all things jobs on the Peninsula.
- Various practical marketing workshops, with sessions on how to leverage tools such as the ever-trending Chat GPT and online design platform Canva, build skills in smartphone photography and videography, and master social media platforms such as TikTok and LinkedIn.
- An Innovation Strategy Workshop, led by the award-winning Mo Works. For businesses who want to undergo transformative growth and rise to the next level by unlocking innovation in their business model. Businesses who wish to participate must submit an Expression of Interest before August 12 so get in quick before places are filled. Attendees will leave equipped with real life case studies, actionable strategies and a comprehensive workshop kit with resources and templates.
Events are delivered by local business groups, Mornington Peninsula Shire teams and agencies such as Business Victoria, Small Business Mentoring Service, FMP Jobs and Skills Working Group and Chisholm Institute. The program offers a mix of no-cost, low-cost and value for money events, to encourage all kinds of businesses to get involved.
Don’t miss out on the chance to make new business connections, learn new skills and insights, develop strategic ideas and spark inspiration. See the full program at mpbusiness.com.au/smallbusinessfestival and book your events now ahead of the official kick-off on the 2nd of August.
The Small Business Festival is a Mornington Peninsula Shire initiative.
First published in the Mornington News – 25th July 2023