Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
  • Read Our Newspapers Online
    • Read the Latest Western Port News
    • Read the Latest Mornington News
    • Read the Latest Southern Peninsula News
    • Read the Latest Frankston Times
    • Read the Latest Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News
  • Competition
  • Home New
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
Facebook X (Twitter)
MPNEWSMPNEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
Breaking News
MPNEWSMPNEWS
Home»News»Under guard after alleged ramming
News

Under guard after alleged ramming

By MP News GroupAugust 5, 2019Updated:August 5, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Threads Email Copy Link
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A MAN who allegedly twice rammed police patrol cars spent the night under guard in Frankston Hospital before fronting Frankston Magistrates’ Court last week.

Police cornered the 21-year-old around 1.30am, Thursday 1 August, in a Moorooduc Highway service road near Humphries Road, Frankston South.

They said he deliberately reversed the stolen car he was driving into them and attempted to run off but was caught after a brief chase.

Police searched the vehicle and allegedly found a quantity of knives and stolen number plates.

They said the man had earlier rammed a police car in Frankston South and attempted to ram two others in Mornington and Hastings earlier in the night. No police were injured in the incidents.

The man, of no fixed address, was interviewed by Frankston CIU detectives on Thursday morning and on Friday was sent to Melbourne Magistrates’ Court for a filing hearing. He is facing 25 charges – most relating to the alleged ramming incidents – as well as theft of a car, three of theft from cars, unlicensed driving, reckless conduct endangering life, dangerous driving, possessing methyl-amphetamine, resisting arrest, breaching bail, intentionally ramming police, and dangerous driving.

First published in the Southern Peninsula News – 6 August 2019

Related Posts

Cheques presented to airshow beneficiaries

May 15, 2026

Shire all in for inclusion

May 15, 2026

Crime Stoppers call reveals alleged cannabis crop and cache of weapons in Mornington

May 15, 2026

Youth mental health forum to spotlight Peninsula support services

May 14, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Peninsula Essence Magazine – Click to Read
Peninsula Kids Magazine – Click to Read
Letters to the Editor
Property of the Week

47A Strachans Road, Mornington

Property Of The Week January 27, 2026
Council Watch

Ratepayers foot the bill for public waste costs

April 20, 2026

Shire reforecasts budget after $8.2m shortfall

April 9, 2026
100 Years Ago This Week

Railway Electrification – Mornington agitation

May 18, 2026
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
About

Established in 2006, Mornington Peninsula News Group (MPNG) is a locally owned and operated, independent media company.

MPNG publishes five weekly community newspapers: the Western Port News, Mornington News, Southern Peninsula News, Frankston Times and Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News.

MPNG also publishes two glossy magazines: Peninsula Essence and Peninsula Kids.

Facebook X (Twitter)
© 2026 Mornington Peninsula News Group.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.