Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
  • Read Our Newspapers Online
    • Read the Latest Western Port News
    • Read the Latest Mornington News
    • Read the Latest Southern Peninsula News
    • Read the Latest Frankston Times
    • Read the Latest Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News
  • Competition
  • Home New
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
Facebook X (Twitter)
MPNEWSMPNEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
Breaking News
MPNEWSMPNEWS
Home»News»Reset safety values
News

Reset safety values

By MP News GroupAugust 5, 2019Updated:August 5, 2019No Comments1 Min Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Threads Email Copy Link
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

POLICE Operation Reset held over the weekend was aimed at encouraging drivers on the Mornington Peninsula to reset their attitudes towards road safety.

Southern Metro Region Acting Commander Tony Silva said Operation Reset provided a “highly visible presence of police with a particular focus on known road trauma locations”.

“We are incredibly saddened by how many lives have already been lost in Victoria’s south east this year, with 24 people not returning home to their families.”

This is double the number of lives lost at this time last year.

Acting Commander Silva said: “We are seeing reckless speed, failure to give way and impaired driving as they key contributing factors to fatal collisions in the south east.

“Not arriving at your destination isn’t worth the five minutes you gain from speeding or not driving to the conditions.”

Police made sure they had a visible presence on the highways, backstreets and off-road locations to ensure motorists thought twice about their behaviour.

“Every time a motorist sees police on the road it is a reminder to follow the road rules.”

First published in the Southern Peninsula News – 6 August 2019

Related Posts

Cheques presented to airshow beneficiaries

May 15, 2026

Shire all in for inclusion

May 15, 2026

Crime Stoppers call reveals alleged cannabis crop and cache of weapons in Mornington

May 15, 2026

Youth mental health forum to spotlight Peninsula support services

May 14, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Peninsula Essence Magazine – Click to Read
Peninsula Kids Magazine – Click to Read
Letters to the Editor
Property of the Week

47A Strachans Road, Mornington

Property Of The Week January 27, 2026
Council Watch

Ratepayers foot the bill for public waste costs

April 20, 2026

Shire reforecasts budget after $8.2m shortfall

April 9, 2026
100 Years Ago This Week

Railway Electrification – Mornington agitation

May 18, 2026
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
About

Established in 2006, Mornington Peninsula News Group (MPNG) is a locally owned and operated, independent media company.

MPNG publishes five weekly community newspapers: the Western Port News, Mornington News, Southern Peninsula News, Frankston Times and Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News.

MPNG also publishes two glossy magazines: Peninsula Essence and Peninsula Kids.

Facebook X (Twitter)
© 2026 Mornington Peninsula News Group.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.