Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
  • Read Our Newspapers Online
    • Read the Latest Western Port News
    • Read the Latest Mornington News
    • Read the Latest Southern Peninsula News
    • Read the Latest Frankston Times
    • Read the Latest Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News
  • Competition
  • Home New
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
Facebook X (Twitter)
MPNEWSMPNEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
Breaking News
MPNEWSMPNEWS
Home»News»Reset tests drivers
News

Reset tests drivers

By MP News GroupAugust 12, 2019Updated:August 14, 2019No Comments1 Min Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Threads Email Copy Link
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

MORE than 1200 traffic offences were detected during the four-day Operation Reset, police said last week.

Speeding topped the list of offences with 405 drivers nabbed: alarmingly, 320 were exceeding the limit by 10-25kph.

Police conducted 11,758 preliminary breath tests and 499 drug tests and found 69 affected drivers during the operation which ran from Thursday 1 August-Sunday 4 August.

Southern Metro Region Acting Commander Tony Silva said it was alarming to see the number of dangerous choices people continue to make when they get behind the wheel. “It’s a harsh reality … that every offence, be it speeding, drink or drug driving, or failure to wear seatbelts, can take a life in a split second,” he said.

“Poor driver behaviour on our roads continues to kill and injure family, friends and loved ones.

“The operation may have finished but our focus to reset this behaviour on our roads remains.”

Offences detected over the four days included 24 drink drivers, 45 drug drivers, 43 impounds, 61 mobile phone offences, 79 unlicensed drivers, 12 disqualified drivers, 12 seat belt offences, and 207 unregistered vehicles.

First published in the Southern Peninsula News – 13 August 2019

Related Posts

Cheques presented to airshow beneficiaries

May 15, 2026

Shire all in for inclusion

May 15, 2026

Crime Stoppers call reveals alleged cannabis crop and cache of weapons in Mornington

May 15, 2026

Youth mental health forum to spotlight Peninsula support services

May 14, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Peninsula Essence Magazine – Click to Read
Peninsula Kids Magazine – Click to Read
Letters to the Editor
Property of the Week

47A Strachans Road, Mornington

Property Of The Week January 27, 2026
Council Watch

Ratepayers foot the bill for public waste costs

April 20, 2026

Shire reforecasts budget after $8.2m shortfall

April 9, 2026
100 Years Ago This Week

Railway Electrification – Mornington agitation

May 18, 2026
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
About

Established in 2006, Mornington Peninsula News Group (MPNG) is a locally owned and operated, independent media company.

MPNG publishes five weekly community newspapers: the Western Port News, Mornington News, Southern Peninsula News, Frankston Times and Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News.

MPNG also publishes two glossy magazines: Peninsula Essence and Peninsula Kids.

Facebook X (Twitter)
© 2026 Mornington Peninsula News Group.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.