Total cases: 155 – Active cases: 60 – New cases today: 3
Total cases on the Mornington Peninsula hit 155. Mornington the current hot-spot with a total of 39 cases and 27 active cases.
Key facts from today’s Victorian COVID-19 update:
- Victoria has recorded 240 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 17,683.
- The overall total has increased by 237 due to 3 cases being reclassified largely due to duplication.
- Within Victoria, 101 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 139 are under investigation.
- There have been 13 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday: One man in his 70s, six women in their 80s, five women in their 90s and one man in his 90s.
- Eight of the 13 new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 376 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 3784 cases may indicate community transmission
- 4864* cases are currently active in Victoria
- 622 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 43 in intensive care
- 12,334 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,028,909 test results have been received which is an increase of 20,279 since yesterday.
Where are the cases on the peninsula?
Confirmed cases and active cases on the Mornington Peninsula as at 20/8/20
Peninsula cases increase by 34 in a week.
The Mornington Peninsula has had 34 new cases of coronavirus in the last week.
Don’t miss a single word. Subscribe, for free, to your favourite local paper by clicking here. Doing so helps us keep you up to date with everything happening on the peninsula.
If you have any information regarding COVID-19 on the Mornington Peninsula please email us on: email@example.com