Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
  • Read Our Newspapers Online
    • Read the Latest Western Port News
    • Read the Latest Mornington News
    • Read the Latest Southern Peninsula News
    • Read the Latest Frankston Times
    • Read the Latest Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News
  • Competition
  • Home New
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Friday, May 22
Facebook X (Twitter)
MPNEWSMPNEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
Breaking News
MPNEWSMPNEWS
Home»News»Beach clean-up begins in March
News

Beach clean-up begins in March

By MP News GroupDecember 19, 2022Updated:December 20, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Threads Email Copy Link
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

THE owners of watercraft left for storage at Mornington Peninsula beaches may early next year be wondering where they have gone, especially between Blairgowrie and Sorrento.

Mornington Peninsula Shire and Whitecliffs management committee have joined forces to remove kayaks, dinghies and yachts being stored illegally on beaches and foreshores.

The clean-up will begin in March.

“Our foreshores are public spaces where everyone is welcome. Removal of unauthorised watercraft will enable healthy foreshore environments and ensure everyone can continue to enjoy these public spaces into the future,” the mayor Cr Steve Holland said.

He said some of the watercraft had been stored for many years, leading to trampled dune systems, as well as littered, buried and abandoned boats and equipment.

The Community Amenity Local Law 2022 bans anything from being stored or leave on council land without permission.

“This issue of watercraft on the foreshore in Nepean Ward is something that is raised every year by our community and visitors and was identified as a key concern during community consultation for the Sorrento Coastal and Marine Management Plan,” Cr Susan Bissinger said.

“We’re looking forward to working with the community to ensure our foreshores are beautiful, accessible, safe and with no loss of amenity.”

To learn more visit mornpen.vic.gov.au/watercraftremoval

First published in the Mornington News – 20 December 2022

Related Posts

Murphy Report response released

May 22, 2026

Nature strip greening push backed by councillors

May 21, 2026

Give me shelter

May 21, 2026

Three peninsula groups awarded Australia Post community grants

May 20, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Peninsula Essence Magazine – Click to Read
Peninsula Kids Magazine – Click to Read
Letters to the Editor
Property of the Week

8 Birdwood Avenue, Mornington.

Property Of The Week May 19, 2026
Council Watch

Ratepayers foot the bill for public waste costs

April 20, 2026

Shire reforecasts budget after $8.2m shortfall

April 9, 2026
100 Years Ago This Week

Railway Electrification – Mornington agitation

May 18, 2026
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
About

Established in 2006, Mornington Peninsula News Group (MPNG) is a locally owned and operated, independent media company.

MPNG publishes five weekly community newspapers: the Western Port News, Mornington News, Southern Peninsula News, Frankston Times and Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News.

MPNG also publishes two glossy magazines: Peninsula Essence and Peninsula Kids.

Facebook X (Twitter)
© 2026 Mornington Peninsula News Group.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.