Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
  • Read Our Newspapers Online
    • Read the Latest Western Port News
    • Read the Latest Mornington News
    • Read the Latest Southern Peninsula News
    • Read the Latest Frankston Times
    • Read the Latest Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News
  • Competition
  • Home New
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
Facebook X (Twitter)
MPNEWSMPNEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
Breaking News
MPNEWSMPNEWS
Home»News»Car yard thefts arrest
News

Car yard thefts arrest

By MP News GroupJune 11, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Threads Email Copy Link
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A HASTINGS man has been charged in relation to the theft of five cars from a Marine Parade, Hastings, car yard, Monday 3 June.

He appeared at Frankston Magistrates’ Court last week charged with burglary, theft of motor vehicles, shop theft, handling stolen goods and possessing the proceeds of crime and was remanded in custody to appear at the same court at a later date.

The man, 31, was arrested at a Spring Street house along with two others: a woman, 25, and a man, 30, who were charged and bailed in relation to outstanding warrants unrelated to the car yard thefts.

Detective Senior Constable Matthew Caddy, of Somerville CIU, said one of the five cars stolen from West Bay Car Sales – and parked around the corner from the yard – had been recovered. So, too, was a CCTV unit allegedly taken from the office, and keys from the key safe.

Detective Caddy said he and Detective Senior Constable Matthew Goodwin were confident of further arrests in the case in which more than $100,000 in vehicles, CCTV, phones and computer equipment were stolen on a wet and cold night.

They will allege up to four offenders cut through wire mesh fencing before stealing two Mitsubishi Triton dual-cab utes, Toyota Hi-Lux, Ford Ranger and a Nissan Dualis SUV.

Anyone with any information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppersvic.com.au

First published in the Western Port Times – 12 June 2019

Related Posts

Cheques presented to airshow beneficiaries

May 15, 2026

Shire all in for inclusion

May 15, 2026

Crime Stoppers call reveals alleged cannabis crop and cache of weapons in Mornington

May 15, 2026

Youth mental health forum to spotlight Peninsula support services

May 14, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Peninsula Essence Magazine – Click to Read
Peninsula Kids Magazine – Click to Read
Letters to the Editor
Property of the Week

47A Strachans Road, Mornington

Property Of The Week January 27, 2026
Council Watch

Ratepayers foot the bill for public waste costs

April 20, 2026

Shire reforecasts budget after $8.2m shortfall

April 9, 2026
100 Years Ago This Week

Railway Electrification – Mornington agitation

May 18, 2026
Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Entertainment
  • Local Lives & Landmarks
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Subscribe
About

Established in 2006, Mornington Peninsula News Group (MPNG) is a locally owned and operated, independent media company.

MPNG publishes five weekly community newspapers: the Western Port News, Mornington News, Southern Peninsula News, Frankston Times and Chelsea Mordialloc Mentone News.

MPNG also publishes two glossy magazines: Peninsula Essence and Peninsula Kids.

Facebook X (Twitter)
© 2026 Mornington Peninsula News Group.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.